I love pesto and I love zucchini noodles! They are my all time favorite foods. Besides lentils. Lentils are my all time fave!
One ingredient that doesn’t make the list is Nutritional Yeast. Gosh! I am not a fan. Eating it in dishes is fine but cooking with it is a constant struggle. The problem is that I bought a whole bag of it and now I have to use it. At byChloe, they add nutritional yeast to their pesto and that gave me the wonderful idea to create this dish!
I topped it with radishes to give it a bit of a crunch but feel free to top it with any veggie you may choose.
My handheld spiralizer left me with this bit of zucchini that I will save for a soup or chips.
- 2 handfuls of Basil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp. Raw Pine Nuts
- Sea Salt to taste
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- Thoroughly wash the zucchini and basil.
- Spiralize your zucchini and let it rest for a minute.
- In a nonstick pan, over medium heat, place a tbsp of coconut oil and a dash of sea salt. Place your spiralized zucchini and cover for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the basil, garlic, nutritional yeast, pine nuts and sea salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix the spiralized zucchini with your pesto saw and serve. Enjoy!