Have you all heard of floating therapy before? The idea behind it is that you would feel as if you are floating in the Dead Sea. Sixty minutes of total silence, literally floating life away. This is what their website states,
Studies performed in the United States and Sweden indicate that flotation therapy delivers wide-ranging benefits including significant reductions in not only stress but also chronic pain, swelling, headaches, depression and insomnia, all while lowering blood pressure and improving skin tone.
This experience was unlike any other and I can honestly say that I walked in with pain in my right shoulder and felt the level of pain decrease significantly. Initially the pain went away altogether and although the pain has returned, it’s certainly not as intense as when I walked in.
A couple of recommendations:
1. Insert the ear plugs before getting wet, it will provide better protection from getting water in your ears.
2. Use the neck pillow! It will allow you to rest your head comfortably.
3. Bring a bathing suit or not, you’ll be fine either way!
4. Once your session ends, either sit or hold onto something while your body gets used to being vertical again.
5. Wash your hair!!! A couple of times! The salt will cling to your hair and trust me, having salty water dripping from your hair won’t be a cute look.
6. Moisturize! Floating Lotus provides a wonderful Shea Butter Lotion. Use it! Your body will need it after you have been immersed in salt water for an hour.
7. Rehydrate! Drink the water that is provided, you’ll body will thank you for it 😉
After the session, hang out in the waiting room. Make yourself some tea and grab a book. Allow yourself the time to soak it all in! For a full video, check out my Instagram!
Have you ever tried floating therapy? I’d love to hear your thoughts!